Monday, May 18, 2009

I WON!

A radio contest you ask?
No, better than that!
The Lottery you ask?
No, Better than that!
One of those Random drawings that aren't so random?
No, even better!!

I won the Battle of what was for supper! (with Grant)
Now to some of you this may seem very trival, one of those pick your battle type of situations...well, this was the battle I picked for tonight. I made spaghetti (which Grant loves) and after 2 or 3 bites grant decided he was done and wanted to play. Now, good mothers would not let their children go and play then come back and eat several times - but that is the battle I choose not to fight yet and let him...but tonight he just played. I asked him to come and eat but he refused. We moved on to Ice cream, which he asked for, but I said No, had to have spaghetti first. Didn't seem to phase him much.

Went on playing...asked for Milk - my response...after Spaghetti. (don't feel to sorry for the kid - the reason he wasn't eating spaghetti was because he had already had a cup of milk and juice between coming home and dinner.) I just felt I couldn't give into this one or he wouldn't eat anything we fixed. He went on to ask for everything under the sun - pop tarts, ice cream, cookies, etc. Finally around 8 pm I gave him the choice of a banana or spaghetti. At this point, I was now thinking of me...knowing a full tummy sleeps better than an empty tummy. He ate it in about 2 minutes. He then wanted more....my response....SPAGHETTI!...his response, OKAY!!!

He ate over half the bowl!!!! Very minor, but in my little world of battles with him - I feel I just won the gold medal!

What shall my battle for tomorrow be.........

1 comment:

Keckie said...

I think I see just a little strong will in him. Maybe from Great Aunt Keckie. When Nanny let him talk to me the other night he would not give the phone back and just kept saying, I'm talking to Keckie. This should get interesting. Some battles are worth fighting. Keep yo the good fight; this too shall pass (in about 20 years and then you will be really smart. Love you guys