Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home is Where You Hang Your Hat

So you're just not a Fulton until you have your cowboy boots and hat. This was part of our adventure for the weekend. Grant got his first pair of cowboy boots and hat - and I supose as most any little boy - wears them non-stop!

After wearing them out of the store, we get buckled up in the car and Grant says, "Dad, when do I get my horse?" Well, the horse will have to wait. But we did ask what his horse's name will be - without hesitation he said Charlie!



Here's the little buck-a-roo before church this morning....yes, he had to wear his boots. The hat did stay in the car.

This evening of course we needed to drive the tractor. He said he can go in the shed with Paw-Paw now that he has his boots and hat...so, he's been practicing.




"I'm just a little bit of a dare-devil!" Yes, Mom is worried...espcially all that I've heard about his name-sake....

And finishes with a final YEE-HA!

I'm sure there will be many more posts involving Cowboy boots, but hope you enjoy the first round so far!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, And yes he totally makes you think of his namesake. And Im sure he is laughing right now. The last pic it looks like hes taking it on three wheels which yet again im sure Grant(big) did also. He is just too cute.

Nanny Fulton said...

Oh My! Grant your Uncle Grant would be so proud of you! You sure look cute in those boots and hat! Maybe some day you can have a horse named Charlie. We sure know how to raise horses here on the farm. We still have the hitching post that PaPa put up for the boys to use and there is still a hoof pick stuck in the side of it, I won't let anyone take it out because Grant put it there.
Love you all and can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Nanny - Is that an offer to raise Charlie? If so, I can send Grant up and he can help build the fence. Jon found a gray horse named Charlie for Sale - maybe send Mark in the black trailer to fetch a pony?

Nanny Fulton said...

Of course! We can pasture some of our yard like we did before. We still have the stalls in the barn.
Charlie would have a good home.

Browningblog said...

I have a feeling Grant is going to be about his Nanny and Paw-Paw's the way Robert was about Nana's. He may "live" in town but he's gonna end up telling everybody he's a country boy! And I too, am just seeing Grant looking down with a huge grin.

Now, go buy him a dozen flannel shirts! Oh wait....just have Nanny pull them out of storage :-)

Nanny Fulton said...

Mindy, you don't know how funny that is. I found a shirt the other day that was Grant's as I cleaned out a closet. After crying a little, I put it back and decided to keep it. I am sure there are some of the boys clothes up in the attic!