Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Saturday Afternoon

Today I feel like I have accomplished something - I have finished a very long on-going landscaping project. Very long meaning I started it when we moved in just over a year ago.

The picture below would be what I call stage 2 - juniper bushed pulled out, but still have ugly big stuff....this is what we've basically had for most of the last year.

This winter some of our little plants died (as it was such a cold winter!) :) so that gave me the motivation to make other changes as well...so about a month ago we had some of the bigger stuff pulled out and replaced with a pigmy palm and a little gem magnolia tree.

Finally, today Grant and I finshed it off. He had fun at the "plant store" and was a huge helper....all until it came time to get home and do the work...but we pulled it off and I'm pretty happy with what we've acomplished!!

On to our next project......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a project! Looks great, anxious to see in person, just a few days away, be there soon! Grant, would you show me your new plants?
Love MomMom

Keckie said...

Looks really good. I have a project of my own. Maybe Grant would like to come and move a truckload of river rock into the flower beds. He could help Phil operate the skid steer. Love you guys.

Nanny Fulton said...

Wow! That looks so much better,
can't wait to see it in person.
Hey Grant, Nanny says Hi and you are a good helper!
Love you all.
Nanny